Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thanksgiving









Yes, I know it is January. Yes, I know Thanksgiving is in November. I'm going to try to catch up on the events of our kiddos and family

Well, ever since Todd and I have been together we have split up Thanksgiving Day between our two separate families. This year, although the second year in our new house, we decided to have everyone come to our home. It's a bit bigger and we figured, why not? Everyone means, my parents, sisters, Todd's parents, brother, Todd's aunt, uncle, and cousins.


It turned out great. I felt a little rushed organizing and cooking. Basically, my OCD gets the best of me at times. I'm a perfectionist although nothing seems to turn out perfect like I plan. I do try hard though.


We took the Thanksgiving menu from each family and combined them. This way everyone got what they wanted to eat. After combining the menus, I split it up between all the women haha. It made life a little easier. There was still a lot going on in my kitchen. The boys were put in charge of frying the turkeys (two to be exact) while we baked the ham. I learned a lot about defrosting a turkey this year. That was an ordeal. Thank goodness they were thawed in time.


While all the cooking was going on, we looked at all the Black Friday ads (a little upset about the stores opening so early this year.. I feel like they kind of barged in on our Thanksgiving day), played with the babies, talked, and spent time with those who we are truly thankful for :). My mom had to work but got off super early and made it in plenty of time for our early dinner.


I need to get a big dining room table. I need to add that to my list of things to accomplish this year. Oh! To top off our Thanksgiving weekend, I got called off of work that Friday which allowed us to go get our REAL Christmas tree then :).

No comments:

Post a Comment